Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56841

Unfiltered | June 2, 2016

So I got a call from the “Microsoft security center” and this how our conversation went:

Scammer: uh, yes ma’am I’m calling from the Microsoft security center to let you know that I’ve detected a hacker in your system.

Me: uh huh..okay.

Scammer: are you currently standing in front of your computer So I can log in and fix the issue for you? I Just need your log in info.

Me: oh, yeah, hold on its booting up. ( I was lying, I just wanted to see how far this would go.)

Scammer: okay, well in the meantime would you give me your credit card number and the code on the back? I just need to verify you are a real person. (?!?)

Me: is this a scam?

Scammer: uh, hold on… (Reciting from a script) This is Microsoft secutity center, we are working in prevention of hackers. I can assure you this is not a scam.

Me: May I please speak to your supervisor?

Scammer: yes, but first I need you to give me your credit infor—

Me: MAY I PLEASE SPEAK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR? NOW!

Scammer: I’m sorry but this is not at all possible, but I can help you fix—

Me: No, not a chance! This IS a scam and I know it!

Scammer: no, YOURE the scammer and I should report YOU, scammer!

Me: oh yeah, good luck with that. Do not ever call this number again! And Get a life…
I knew this was is a scam because they’ve called me before and I’ve seen the warnings about it. Plus I’m not stupid enough to give out my credit card info and my log in details over the phone!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!