Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56812

Unfiltered | May 7, 2016

Long morning. Two hours at the DMV. I got there at 9 am. I waited in a line for 30 minutes just to get a number from a woman who refused to look at my paperwork.

Then I waited for about an hour, then I was seen by someone who did check my paperwork. At this point, I was told that my number in line was no longer necessary, from now on they would just be calling me by name. The computerized system on the monitors was just for getting to the first counter only.

From now on if I miss hearing my name (like when I went to the bathroom) then I may have to go up and interrupt them to ask them if they called me. Then I was sent to a booth to take my own photo. I had to swipe my debit card for identification even though it didn’t charge my card.

Then I waited for the vision test. My paperwork (including my old license) was not handed over to the eye check person so he never called my name. Eventually he started to ask who was next and then I asked him hopefully, “Me?” then he found my paperwork. I took the vision test. Then I went back to the woman who had check my paperwork and taken my number. She charged me for the new license.

Then I had to wait for my name to be called by another person at another desk. They also checked my paperwork. This new person told me I had to go over to another desk and get my photo taken. Before I left for my photo to be taken at the last desk I overheard this conversation between 2 clerks. Hey this lady is asking if she needs to have her car inspected in order to switch over her registration on her car to Connecticut. My clerk said I don’t know, I don’t know if we do that anymore. I interrupted them and answered them that all that was needed was an emissions test. They both said “Really?” I said, “Yeah I think so.” Then one of them said “Shouldn’t we check with someone?” Then my clerk said “Nah just approve her car the way it is.”

Then I was sent over to the next area and asked the guy why I needed another photo taken. His reply…”Oh that photo was just to prove that you are who you say you are while you take the eye test.” -I would like to add at this point that everyone at each desk along the way had to visually verify me by looking at my old license so why this photo was taken and not used on my license I will never know.

Then my new photo was taken and my card was charged again. Then the clerk printed out my license right then and there and handed it to me.
When I walked out the door the first line just to get a number was already outside the building. Gee…I wonder why?

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!