Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56775

Unfiltered | March 29, 2016

(I am trying to set up wind & hail insurance coverage for a home that I expect to close on in less than 2 weeks. This is the 2nd time I’ve had to call for the status; the last time they told me I needed to submit my application before they could proceed, and then found said application waiting patiently in their email inbox, where it had been for the past week+ since I had sent it.)

Agent: Thank you for calling [Insurance Company]. This is [Agent Name]. Who am I speaking with please?

Me: Hello. My name is [My Name].

Agent: *gathers telephone number and property address* Okay, I have pulled up that file. Can you tell me your name please?

Me: It’s [My Name].

Agent: Okay, Ms. [My Last Name]. How may I assist you today.

Me: I was calling to check the status of my binder and invoice. I understand that you can not issue the policy itself until you receive payment, but I haven’t received any documents other than the application that I returned a couple weeks ago.

Agent: *takes more information, learns that my closing hasn’t happened yet* Oh, well, we can’t issue the policy until payment has been received…

Me: I understand that, but I can’t send payment until I have the binder and invoice. At this point I haven’t received anything other than the application.

Agent: *researches some more* We do have the binder generated. Have you not received that?

Me: No ma’am. The only thing I have received from [Insurance Company] has been the application.

Agent: I can email you the binder. It has your premium on it. Would that work?

Me: That would be lovely, thank you.

(At that point I did get an email with the binder, but I’m starting to get a little nervous about trusting the insurance of my most valuable asset to them…)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!