Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56731

Unfiltered | February 14, 2016

(Complications with my insurance have left me rushing to get my prescription filled in time. I’m reverting back to an old doctor I haven’t seen in a year and a half. The receptionist is busy when I call, so I leave a message. I get a message in return and call during my break.)

Receptionist: Hello, this is [Doctor’s Office]. How may I help you?

Me: Hi, my name is [Full Name]. I’m returning a call.

Receptionist: Oh, you must want China. Please hold.

(Before I can say anything, he puts me on hold. I have no idea why I’m being transferred to China, especially since this is the same receptionist that had left me the message earlier. My break’s almost over, so I hang up, figuring I’ll try again in a little bit.)

Receptionist: Hello, this is [Doctor’s Office]. How may I help you?

Me: Hi, my name is [Full Name]. I’m trying to set up an appointment with [Doctor].

Receptionist: Oh, you must want China. Please hold.

Me: Wait, no. I don’t need to be transferred. I just need to make an appointment.

(The receptionist is very helpful after that and there is no more confusion. When he learned that I was low on my medication, he even got me an appointment with the doctor’s assistant. When I arrived the next morning, I learned that the doctor’s assistant’s name is China [Very Similar to My Last Name], and suddenly the previous day’s confusion made perfect sense.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!