Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56652

Unfiltered | November 23, 2015

Having never been big on fast food I had never been to a certain chain. My roommate was craving something from there and I had no plans so why not try it.

Place was clean, only one off duty employee in the place and one car in drive through. Roommate knew what she wanted and instantly ordered. While she did so I read menu decided on something simple. As she stepped to a side I stepped forward.

And the cashier walked off to start filling ice in the lobby. Okay maybe he just didn’t want it to melt all over counter. Then took the bucket back. Started going through his checklist of cleaning.. I am still standing at counter. No one in drive through now. Off duty employee and roommate standing at end of counter waiting for food. Manager walked up, the off duty coughed and pointed toward me. Manager didn’t take hint, so he spoke up. “Hey you have someone waiting to order.”

Manger comes up, yells for cashier to come up from the back, starts my order. #5 small combo no mayo. I think this is a fairly simple order. I was wrong.

It takes four tries to get it entered right and I should have just walked out, because the cashier did. My roommate has finished eating now. I still don’t even have a soda cup. Drive thru bounces up hands me a bag with cold fries. Nothing else.

I call the manager over. Thankfully I had the receipt. He took the cold fries. A few moments later I have a burger.. bun, burger, extra mayo.. No cheese, no bacon, no anything but enough Mayo to drown a rat. Those fries? They are even colder now. And the cup is still sitting somewhere under the counter. I look at it, look at the manager and shake head. He looks at the receipt “Oh I’ll fix it.” Takes the bun and starts scraping mayo off it into the trash.

My roommate is now laughing her head off. The off duty employee is looking embarrassed and disgusted. I tell the manager not to bother.. just refund it, I have lost my appetite. He says sure but will have to charge me for the soda, Roomie, the off duty employee and I all ask him What soda? I never got a cup! Assures me the charge has been reversed, no trouble.

Next day on a whim I check with the bank.. not only had he NOT refunded me.. he had charged me a second time. I told the bank to refuse payment as it was fraudulent. Found out the district managers name and number and explained what had happened. He took my name and info. I mail him a copy of the information from bank and copy of the receipt.

A week later they have a Now hiring sign up as we go past. Today I received a hand written note of apology and coupons for free meals. But I think I will give them to my roommate.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!