Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56634

Unfiltered | November 5, 2015

We recently had a stock re-lay, whole sections were changed to match up with new company standards. We had pictures and lists of the new standards but not all the stock had arrived yet. Setting up the section has not been completed, even though it’s weeks out of date, Manager keeps taking us off the job.

I get told to put the new stock out when it arrives but with the first item I notice that I need the photos to see where items go. Searching each price tag in 15 sections was going to be time consuming. I get the pile of pictures from the front when my manager sees me.

Manager “(my name) you are supposed be doing (Job), not working on (Job 1)”

Me “That’s what I am doing”

Manager “No you aren’t listening to me, I need (job) done”

Me “Yes, that’s what I am doing. I need these so I can see at glance where items are to go”

Manager “You aren’t listening to me, I need (JOB) done”

Me “I am doing (JOB)”

Manager “You don’t understand you are to do (JOB) not (JOB 1), you are wasting time”

Me “I’m not doing (Job 1) I am doing (job)”.

Finally a customer walks up and Manager has to serve her so I am able to leave and actually do the work. Later he comes down and sees that I am doing the right job.

Manager “You finally listened to me”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!