Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56618

Unfiltered | October 20, 2015

(There is a corner store a short ways away from where I transfer between buses on my way home from work at midnight. They also sell hot dogs and a few other hot foods. Normally I don’t have time to go in, but tonight I am hungry and my first bus was early so I have a few minutes.)

Me: *at the register* “Hey, can I get one bacon wrapped hotdog and one regular one?”

Employee #1: “We’re out of regular dogs. We have the spicy ones still.”

Me: “Uh, no. I specifically checked because I figured you might be out so late. You’re not out.”

Employee #1: “No, we’re out.”

Me: “Fine, I’ll get a spicy one.”

(The cashier rings up a spicy hotdog and a bacon wrapped hotdog. I go back to the hot foods area to get it and sure enough, there’s still two regular hotdogs in the display case.)

Me: “Can I get a regular hotdog instead of the spicy one? I told her that I wanted a regular one but she said you were out.”

Employee #2: “Well she works hard, she probably didn’t know. And you still got what you wanted.”

Me: “Yeah, and I had to pay extra for the spicy dog that I didn’t want to begin with.”

(He hands me two hot dogs in their containers. I go to the condiment stand where I discovered that he’d given me a spicy dog anyway. Because of the employees arguing with me, I missed my bus by 30 seconds and had to wait for the next one which was 25 minutes later.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!