Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #47769

Unfiltered | April 21, 2016

(My husband and I are visiting my parents for the evening. I’m due to have our first child in a week, and his gender becomes the topic of conversation.)

Mother: So, you saw his male parts on the ultrasound, right?

Me: Yes, on both ultrasounds.

Mother: And you’re sure it’s a boy?

Me: Yes, his man parts were quite obvious, and it wasn’t like we mistook a hand for something else.

Mother: Ok. When I was expecting you, they just told us you were a boy, so that’s what we thought.

Me: Wait, you didn’t get to see the ultrasounds?

(My mother had ultrasounds on a regular basis, because my twin and I were high risk.)

Mother: No, they were usually checking things like the placentas, to make sure that everything was okay, so I didn’t usually see the ultrasounds.

(My mom has always been really insistent that I get good ultrasounds to make sure everything’s ok with my baby, and acts like she’s a pro at reading them, and this is the first time I’ve ever been told that she didn’t actually see my gender ultrasound.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!