Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #47682

Unfiltered | January 21, 2016

My husband will occasionally poke our son and pretend to be innocent to provoke a mock stern (and incredibly, hilariously adorable) reaction from our son. Sometimes he’ll even attempt to blame me, since I’m often in closer proximity, which makes my son turn his mock-stern attention to me.

One day, I decided to turn the tables. My husband had started his game and played innocent, and then pointed out that I’m closer.

ME: But, (Son), isn’t Daddy the one who always does this to you? Look at him pretending badly to be innocent!

SON: Daaadddyyyyyyyyyyy!

HUSBAND: What? She’s right next to you, she could have easily done it!

ME: (waiting until SON isn’t looking at either of us, and I poke him from a general direction that could be his dad)

SON: Daaadddyyyyyyyyyyy!

HUSBAND: What? That was your mom!

ME: Oh, no, you will NOT be blaming me again! (to SON) See how he’s manipulating you into thinking I’d poke you?

SON: (mock glaring at his dad)

ME: (wait until he is looking away from us again, and I poke him, but this time he had suddenly turned to look at his dad mid-poke so he could clearly tell who the culprit was this time)

SON: Mooommmyyyyyyyyyyy!

ME: I didn’t poke you, it was totally your daddy! (he looks skeptical) Seriously, when have I been the one to poke you? He totally did it and wanted you to think it was me! He’s so mean like that!

SON: (turning to his dad, serious expression) Daaadddyyyyyyyyyyy!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!