Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #32460

Unfiltered | August 25, 2016

(Our senior year we were required to take a ‘global research’ class, and spent a majority of our time working in a computer lab on a major group project that was due at the end of the year. It is getting close to the due date, but most of us are finished besides touch ups, and two of my classmates, both very very soft spoken, have come up with the idea of a pancake party on one of our last free days and are trying to tell the class. It is very loud in the room, so I am the only one who can hear them as I walk by. Note that I don’t speak to other students often, and when I do, I am fairly quiet.)

Quiet Girl 1: *barely a whisper* Hey, uh, everyone, we have…um…guys, we have…

Me: *glances at her* May I?

Quiet Girl 2: Sure.

Me: *out of nowhere to the rest of the class, belts out in the loudest, clearest voice that a marching band section leader can muster* ‘EY! ‘TENTION UP FRONT!

Class: *Immediately goes dead silent and all heads turn to look at me and the other two girls*

Me: *smile* Hey guys! Listen to them, ‘kay? *wanders off to a seat*

(After class the teacher pulled me aside and told me that while my sudden acquisition of a voice startled her bad enough to make her jump, she had never had any class in her 40 years of teaching get that quiet that fast. For the rest of my senior year, my teachers used me to get the class quiet whenever they got rowdy. It never failed.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!