Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #32329

Unfiltered | April 2, 2016

(I’m in a HR class of 6 girls (including myself) and 20 guys. Our professor is also a woman. It’s the beginning of the semester, so the professor is going over some basic HR topics, including the protected classes.)

Professor: Here’s a pop quiz for y’all. Are you allowed to discriminate in hiring based on gender?

(Most of the class shake their heads no. Suddenly, I hear a male voice behind me blurt out..)

Classmate #1: Well, sure! There are just some jobs women shouldn’t do.

Me: WHAT?!

Professor: I’ll play along. Explain.

Classmate #1: I mean, what about construction or mining or farming? Women shouldn’t do that. Or, like, finance and upper management stuff.

Female Classmate: EXCUSE YOU! I am a finance major!

Me: And I’m a management major!! You have got to be kidding me right now-

Professor: Ladies, ladies. I’ve got this. *smirks* Do me a favor, [Classmate #1’s Name]. Don’t ever go into HR, because if you say that to an applicant, you will get sued for everything you have. And if you are going to keep that attitude, you need to drop my class tonight. Do I make myself clear?

Classmate #1: *meekly* Yes, ma’am.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!