Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #32189

Unfiltered | November 14, 2015

(This take place in a U.S. Government class. Whenever our teacher is absent, he leaves instructions for us to do some questions from our textbooks. Today, however, we have a substitute who is notorious through our school for being bossy, smug, and generally rude to the students.)

Substitute: “Alright, Mr. [Regular Teacher] left me instructions for you to do [Questions] in the textbook. Bring them to me at the end of the period.”

(Classmate #1, a very withdrawn but smart kid, finishes his questions in fifteen minutes, and takes them up to the substitute. My desk is right next to the teacher’s desk, so I can hear the conversation clearly.)

Classmate #1: “Here are the questions.”

Substitute: *Not even looking at the paper* “Why are you lying to me?”

Classmate #1: “Excuse me?”

Substitute: “There is no way you completed all those questions in fifteen minutes. Go back to your desk and finish them.”

(Classmate #1 goes back to his desk. Since we’re only fifteen minutes into an hour-and-a-half period, he gets out a journal and starts writing. After about a minute, the substitute gets up from the desk and storms over to him.)

Substitute: *almost shouting* “What are you doing?”

Classmate #1: “Um… I’m writing.”

Substitute: “I told you to finish the questions! Give me that! *snatches journal out of Classmate #1’s hands*

Classmate #1: “I already finished the questions! And that’s mine!”

(He tries to grab his journal, but the substitute SLAPS him. The entire class has gone silent by now.)

Substitute: *with a smug smile* “It’s mine now. This is what happens to students who don’t do their work.”

(The substitute tears a handful of pages out of the journal and rips them to shreads. Classmate #1 ROARS, LEAPS FROM HIS DESK, AND PUNCHES THE SUBSTITUTE IN THE STOMACH AND IN THE FACE. The substitute backs away, one hand on her stomach, and another on her face.)

Substitute: “YOU LITTLE S***! I’LL HAVE YOU EXPELLED!”

(The substitute runs from the room, and Classmate #1 kneels on the floor, and starts to cry. A few of us, myself included, try to comfort him. A few minutes later, the substitute returns, with an administrator in tow. She points at Classmate #1)

Substitute: “That’s him! He refused to do his work, swore at me, and assaulted me!”

Administrator: “[Classmate #1], is this true?”

(Classmate #1 is still crying, so I speak up.)

Me: “No. No it’s not. [Classmate #1] did his work, but Ms. [Substitute] wouldn’t accept it, and she slapped him and tore up his journal when he tried to write in it.”

(The rest of the class speaks up, against the substitute.)

Substitute: “YOU LYING-”

Classmate #2: “I recorded the whole thing!”

(The substitute goes pale, and the administrator reviews the recording. He orders the substitute to the office, and asks Classmate #1 if he’d like to go to the nurse. They all leave, and we don’t see Classmate #1 until next class, when thanks us for standing up for him. We later learn that the substitute was banned from ever teaching in a school again!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!