Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #290465

, , | Unfiltered | May 4, 2023

My sisters and I were playing an online survival game where you build a raft and survive by collecting drifting salvage, scavenging wreckage and ruins for supplies, or diving underwater to collect materials. To add to the tension of keeping your character alive, your raft is constantly harassed by a massive great white shark that, if you manage to kill it, will respawn after three minutes. We quickly determine the best strategy is to kill the shark right next to an island, and then dive for all the underwater goodies we can find before exploring the island itself.

However, as we start the game, the elder of my two sisters, Sister 1, was having issues with her audio on our chat server, and so posted to the chat what she was trying to say. This, of course, sent a ping that there was an update to everyone in the server, which included my brother.

Brother: “Hey guys. Are you playing a round of [mystery game] with me?”

Sister 2: *laughs* “No, we’re playing [survival game]. Do you have a copy?”

At this point, my character is underwater playing chicken with the shark, while my sisters are crafting supplies on the raft, and I finally managed to beat the shark.

Me: “BRUCE IS DEAD! BRUCE IS DEAD! GO GO GO GO GO!!”

Sister 1: “Quick! We need the scrap!”

Brother: *freaking out* “What the **** is going on?!”

Me: *suddenly realizes the issue* “Oh! Dude, Bruce is the name of the shark in the game! Not our dad!”

Sister 2: “Seriously, [Brother], we are not planning on murdering dad!”

We all burst out laughing as my brother sheepishly admitted he was briefly concerned for our dad’s safety. Don’t worry; he won’t live this down for a while yet!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!