Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #289750

, | Unfiltered | April 24, 2023

I’m a receptionist in a medical-social institution and I get a phone call from the HR department of the city hall.
HR department : Hello, [health and disabilities services director in the town hall] told us that she had a meeting at your establishment tomorrow and as we’ve been having doubts lately, we would like to know if it was true.
Me: Our social division does have a meeting, but I’ll check if [health and disabilities services director in the town hall] is among the participants.

The people knowing the list of the participants not answering or being in an off-site appointment, I am obliged to say that I call back once I am informed

Our director arrives and he sees the message transmission sheet and calls me.
Director: Good timing! Normally [health and disabilities services director in the town hall] is on the list of participants, but [another important person] is sick. Without her the meeting is useless, so we have just decided to cancel it. You can call back the HR department of the town hall to ask them to pass the information, it will allow me to have one less phone call to make.

I’ll call back the HR department of the city hall.
Me : Hello, I’m [medical-social establishment]. I’m calling about [health and disabilities services director in the town hall] So she is on the list of participants but we have just decided to cancel this meeting, can you
HR services : so she lied
Me : no, she didn’t know about the cancellation.
HR department: but she warned us on Thursday!
Me : but the cancellation has only just been decided, that why our director wanted to know if you can tell her
( it was Monday)
HR Services: for me, someone who says they are attending a meeting when that meeting is cancelled is a job abandonment!
She hangs up.

It doesn’t pick up when I call back, so I decide to inform my director who promises to call directly the health and disabilities services director in the town hall. ( he has his personal phone number ) and that he has the number of a deputy mayor . Thanks to this, fortunately she was informed of the cancellation of the meeting and did not get a warning for abandonment of post.

But Human Resources, please differentiate between a person who does not communicate that an off-site meeting is cancelled so that they can not go to work and a person who was unaware of the cancellation of an off-site meeting.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!