Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #285252

, | Unfiltered | February 28, 2023

I’m on my break, chatting with a coworker #1 on my team and our team lead when a coworker #2 from another team comes looking for his mug. I guess it’s pretty usual that break rooms have both mugs anyone can use, which are usually very generic, and mugs people have brought from their homes for their own personal usage, which tend to have funny pictures or quotes etc.

Coworker #2: “Someone has taken my mug. I’ve been looking for it for a few days.”

Coworker #1: “What does it look like?”

Coworker #2: “It has the logo of [movie] and it says [quote from the movie].”

Coworker #1: “Oh, I haven’t taken that one, nor will I be taking that one in the future.”

I’m pretty amused by the latter part of her sincere reply, like it’s normal to assure people you will not be stealing their stuff.

Me: “…that would be pretty cunning. Going around, asking people what their mugs look like, figuring out which ones you’ll be taking in the future.”

Team Lead: “Oh, it’s good to find out that how you think. Seems like it’s not a good idea to make [my name] mad, as she’s devious.”

Later:

Coworker 1: “[My name], I have come up with a plan!”

Me: “Sure?”

Coworker #1: “We should write a ransom note to [coworker #2], saying we have his mug and will return it in exchange for candy!”

Then she happily walked of to continue her work. I’m pretty sure I’d worry more about angering coworker #1 than myself if I was the team lead…

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!