Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #28501

Unfiltered | August 11, 2017

My mum and I are on a weekend trip to London and managed to find a deal allowing us to stay in a hotel that would normally be above our budget. We are on our way to breakfast, which is on the basement level. The elevator stops on a floor in between ours and the basement level, so we move to the side to let other people in. These other people are two American guests and a hotel employee. One of the guests, a very tall man, stays standing in the middle of the elevator, right in front of the doors and facing them, while the employee presses the ground floor button for him. The guest does not seem to have noticed us, and the way he’s standing forces us to stay sort of huddled in the corner.

Seeing as we were in the elevator first, it goes down to the basement floor first to let us off. When the doors open (at the basement floor) the tall American steps out but does not move to the side and loudly proclaims: “So this is the ground floor?”, while looking straight at a sign on the wall saying ‘basement floor’. Mum and I slip past him and start walking to the breakfast room, and when I look behind me the elevator doors are closing again while the tall American is still standing in the hallway, looking confused and staring at us as if we’ve appeared out of thin air.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!