Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #28500

Unfiltered | August 9, 2017

I’ve recently lost 75lbs, but still on the heavier side, though not obese. I’m taking vitals on patients, and one gets up to use the bathroom. Before they sit back down I politely state:

“If you are finished with breakfast, please put your tray in the garbage.” (We are not “allowed” to throw them away anymore after patients complained they weren’t finished.)

Patient: you don’t have to be rude. I’m almost 40. Grown ass adult here. Don’t treat me like a child. (To nurse about me) She’s being rude. You better control her before I really light this place up. I’m not even done yet and I have to throw this out.

Me: I’m not rude. I said IF you were done and please.

Patient: See? Another smart remark from chubby over there. if it wasn’t for people like me you wouldn’t have a job and be able to keep your figure. Your teeth are meant for chewing, not talking so shut up you fat pig.

While the patients tirade continued at anyone who they deemed “rude” I got the brunt of it, especially about my weight. But the other patients realized how much of a jerk the patient was being over a simple request and were amazingly polite for the remainder of their stay.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!