Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #283663

, , , | Unfiltered | February 13, 2023

This is actually a third party story as I am not a participant and it was told to me by the person who experienced it.
A home owner did a bunch of research of electrical code, checked all the regulations, then got a permit to have some electrical work done in his home. He bought the materials and did the work. Then he called in an inspector to approve it. He proudly told the inspector that he had done the work himself. The inspector failed the job. The home owner called a friend who was a TQ ( trades qualified) electrician to look at the work to see what he did wrong. The friend looked at it and pronounced it a well done job, fully up to code. The home owner called the inspector back in.
The inspector failed it again. The home owner played his trump card.
Home Owner: “[Friend]?, could you come out here?”
Friend walks into room.
Friend: “Hello inspector. I’m a TQ electrician and I looked at my friend’s work and there was no reason for you to fail it the first time. You will now pass the work or you will be reported to the ethics board and my friend here will sue you. I’ve told him how to file the documents.”
The building inspector made a face and passed the work.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!