Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #28342

Unfiltered | March 5, 2017

(It is around 2 AM. A young man comes in the hotel where I’m working. He is young, pale, with watery eyes, and has a scowl that makes me uneasy.)

Me: “May I help you?”

Man: “I need change for my cash.”

(Usually we open the till, but something about this man makes me uneasy.)

Me: “Ah, I’m sorry, but all the cash has been locked up, and we are not allowed to touch it, till morning.”

Man: *getting agitated* “I said, I need change now!”

Me: “Like I said, we’re not allowed to touch it.”

(The man starts trembling, furious, and puts his hands in his pockets. I feel really afraid now, that he is some druggie. He keeps insisting for change and I keep declining.)

Me: “You need to leave.”

Man: “Yeah yeah, I’ll go when I’m ready!”

Me: “No, now. Or I’ll call the police.”

Man: *laughs and doesn’t move, looking around*

(I call them and once he hears them, he sneers and leaves. The police come and catch him a few blocks away. They tell me that he was from Russia and said that he said he didn’t understand that I was feeling threatened. I don’t know if in Russia the hotels are like banks there, but not here. He was arrested for disturbing the peace and trespassing. Welcome to America!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!