Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #28322

Unfiltered | February 15, 2017

(My family was at a friend’s house, and they have a son who, just like me, has bought the seventh generation Pokémon games – I have Moon, he had Sun. Because of this, we decided weeks earlier to trade version-exclusive Pokémon, but he also declared that he would “crush me in a Pokémon battle. I’m known for being girly and goofy, so he pokes fun at everything from the cute nicknames I gave to my Pokémon to the fact that I chose my team because they were adorable or pretty, instead of having good stats. Before we trade, he challenges me to a battle.)

Boy: Okay, have you decided your team?

Me: Yup, ready?

(The challenge cutscene begins, and he sends out his first Pokémon. I do the same.)

Boy: Who’s Miyetta? What? How do I – OH NO!

Me: Ha! I’ll just poison you… and, hmm, what about shadow claw?

Boy: I know, I’ll use this move… NOOO!!!!

(He forgot that my current Pokémon’s special ability allowed it to completely avoid the first attack. The battle continued in the same fashion. He did manage to knock out a few of my Pokémon, but I won in the end.)

Boy: Agh! Your stupid cute Pokémon and their stupid nicknames! I didn’t know what was coming!

Me: Remember what you said a few weeks ago about crushing me in a Pokémon battle?

(He ended up beating me in the next couple of battles, but that first, sweet victory!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!