Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #28235

Unfiltered | November 11, 2016

(I’m at work, and my coworker has a restraining order out on a crazy ex girlfriend, though I don’t know this at the time. She keeps calling his cellphone, but of course he doesn’t answer. So she starts calling his workplace, and I answer.)

Crazy Ex: “Yeah, I need to talk to [Coworker].”

Me: “One moment. May I ask who’s calling?”

Crazy Ex: “…[Name].”

(I go and get him.)

Me: “[Coworker], [Name] is on the phone for you.”

Coworker: “No! Say that I’m not here!”

Me: “Ok?’

(I get back to the phone.)

Me: “Sorry, [Coworker] is gone.”

Crazy Ex: “…now listen, here sweetheart, I want to you to give me him! RIGHT NOW! I know he’s there. So stop the bulls***!”

(Her voice has risen to a screech, and I’m alarmed.)

Me: “Maybe try his cellphone?”

Crazy Ex: “I already called his cellphone, he won’t answer, that why I’m bothering with b***hes like, now give me him, or do I have to go there myself?! Hm?!”

(Not wanting her to show up and make a scene, I’m at a loss for words. Finally, I say the truth.)

Me: “He doesn’t want to speak to you.”

Crazy Ex: “I didn’t ask you that! I don’t care about that! Now–”

Me: *interrupting* “This phone line is a business line, and needs to be open for business only. Personal calls are not allowed.”

(She begins screeching obscenities at me, so I hang up. My coworker peeks around.)

Coworker: “Sorry about that, she’s crazy. I have a restraining order but it does no good. Just hang up if she calls again.”

Me: “You should do something about her. She sounded unstable.”

(She does keep calling but I hang up. Later, she does come around and make a scene, but the police got called and she was arrested. My coworker switched jobs and never heard from her again. Some people.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!