Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #282310

, , | Unfiltered | January 31, 2023

(I’m right-handed, but prefer my left hand for certain tasks. For my high school health class, we have to do two “healthy habit” projects, each spanning 21 days, and write a report at the end of the 21-day period. One of the options is to develop a skill, and having little patience for this class and not wanting to take on a big project on top of my other classwork, I opt to practice ambidextry and throw together a report about how use of the left hand used to be taboo. This consists mostly of using a computer mouse at home or just writing a sentence or two with my non-dominant hand. I’m talking about the project with my grandma.)

Me: “I just have to practice doing stuff with my left hand. Writing can be really slow, though.”

Grandma: “Wait, are you right-handed?!”

Me: “Yeah?”

Grandma: “Oh, my cotton! I thought you were left-handed!”

(The only explanation we could come up with was that I DID use my left hand for a number of tasks, I wear a watch on my right wrist, and my mother is left-handed, even though none of her children inherited the trait and my grandma has seen me drawing with my right hand.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!