Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #282306

, , , | Unfiltered | January 31, 2023

This takes place at the popular Orlando themepark complex that is not operated by a mouse, specifically at the park that is all about adventure, in a series of islands…

Said park has 3 notable water rides, a traditional logflume, a river rapids ride and a large river adventure ride ending in a huge drop thats themed on the most famous of dinosaur film series.

My partner and I had already been on the logflume and rapids rides and whilst we were fairly soaked it was a hot day and we dried out reasonably quickly, we were using a certain well known park guide that had us swerve the river adventure until a couple hours after the other water rides to avoid queues and so when we got round to it we were completely dry again.

I wasnt wild on the idea of being soaked to the bone again after having dried out so I took advantage of an observation area to gauge the amount of soaking we could expect, 12 boats down and just big spray with not a great deal going on the people in the boat, so happy I knew what to expect we queued and soon enough we were ready to board.

Red flag one was the front row seat, red flag two was the kid next to me who outweighed me, red flag 3 was the parents of said kid who must have cracked 600lbs between them, as a result row 1 on this boat was both tightly packed and HEFTY, easily 1000lbs+. Not having any idea how affected by weight the boat would be I just shrugged and enjoyed the ride.

We eventually made it to the finale of the big drop and down we went, however due to the weight up front we did not just put up a load of spray like every other boat I’d seen had, nope, we activated submarine mode and submerged the front end of the boat down to the underlying rails, this scooped some dozens of gallons of (pretty dirty) water directly into and onto me and everyone else on the front row.

profoundly drenched we exited and attempted to dry out but due to the less than springfresh nature of the water we just stank the rest of the day and had to go back to the hotel to change and shower. Predictably all our family back home found it hilarious and the rides been forever christened Jurassic sploosh in honour of the near drowning it inflicted on us.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!