Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #28219

Unfiltered | October 25, 2016

I took an English course, there were about 20 people there so we all know each other’s face, but it was not like we were as close as family. The course had 8 classes, and almost every time we moved on to the next class, some students would drop out, change to another class that fit their schedule, new students would move in…

There was a girl I met in class 4th,5th, and then again in class 8th I didn’t even remember her name until class 8th. We exchanged numbers and yahoo ID but neither of us ever call. She did added me on Yahoo, though she was never online (or she was but stay invisible).

After that course I continued taking the advance course per my teacher’s suggestion. The advance course also had like 6-7 classes. After 1-2 classes I encountered that girl again. She was now also taking the advance course but because she joined late, she was in a lower class.

She asked for my numbers again and I gave her again. And it was when I realized my mistake. Please notice we have never even went out for a cup of coffee together.

First call when I was at work:

Her: Hey, what are you doing?

Me: I’m at work.

Her: Cool, you have a job already?

Me: Yupe.

Her: What do you do?

Me: I’m a designer.

Her: Really? Why don’t you teach English? You know [school we had been taking English courses] pays very well. I was once their receptionist and the salary is (double the usual salary of an average fresh graduated college student)

Me: Really? That’s good, but I need to get back to work.

Her: Sure, I’ll call again.

Second call, not on the same day but about 5pm when I’m driving home from work

Her: Hey, can you help me with a homework?

Me: I’m driving.

Her: (started asking anyway)

Me: (wanted to be polite so I didn’t tell her off) It’s….but if you want to know more about that matter, google the phrase “…”

Her: Thanks. (hung up)

Third call on a weekends when I was dozing off on the couch

Her: Hey, is it (another English question)?

Me: (feeling sleepy) no, I think it’s…, but I’m not really sure. Check the text book or google it.

Her: Thanks. (hung up)

It was about the fourth time that I stop answering and bluntly told her to google it. And it was after she asked me for samples of English cover letter and resume that I blocked her number.

My phone blocked numbers by not making any notification like ringing or vibrating so you wouldn’t be disturbed, but miss calls were still showed and text messages still got through. When I was checking my phone at noon a couple days later, I found 12 miss calls and a message from her

“Hey, why can’t I call you?”

I never answered. Then when I logged in to my Yahoo account, she was online and already sent me a message “Are you there?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!