Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #28163

Unfiltered | August 30, 2016

I was participating in an Art Fair and because it was slow, I started drawing. I always draw, because asides the fact it helps pass time, it also attracts people. This happened right when I finished the sketch and started the lineart (with ink). I look quite young, so more than once people treat me like a child or barely adult.

Woman: Oh, you are drawing, how nice! *she leans over and watches me ink* Oh, so you first sketched it!

I didn’t know what else to say, so confirmed what she said. I’m used to people leaning over, standing next to me, asking questions and I don’t mind.

Woman: So, you first sketched it and now you are using a pen!

By that time I finished inking, so I checked my ink and took an erasor.

Woman: Aha, so you first sketch, then use a pen and then you erase it! And then you will colour it?

Again, I confirmed what she had said, not knowing what else to say.

Woman: Right, so colour is next. Show me how you colour! *I had barely started erasing the sketchlines* Come on, show me how you colour! Go on!

The woman clapped into her hands, as if that would make me to drop everything and do as she pleased. I had trouble not to give her ‘the look’ and just said I had to erase everything first. Never before had a viewer managed to make me feel like a showpony. Worst of all was that she didn’t even realise what she was doing; just smiling all the way.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!