Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #281115

, , | Unfiltered | January 16, 2023

I work for a summer program that pairs employees up, then requires us to move to an assigned small, rural community together where housing is provided. At this time, my partner and I have known each other for about two months.
We are headed back out to our assigned community and stop at a Chinese restaurant in a tiny rural town. A delightful, loud, small old woman, who I presume to be the owner, comes out to chat with us while we are waiting for our food.)
Owner: *to me* Where you from?
Me: I’m from this area, but he’s from near Toronto.
Owner: Is he your boyfriend?
My partner nearly chokes on his drink.
Me: No. We just work together.
Owner: Why not? He cute.
Me: Well, he has a girlfriend. She’s just not me.
Owner: *to my partner, loudly* Why not?! She nice girl!
Partner: I… yeah, I guess she is. But I have a girlfriend back in Ontario.
Owner: Ontario, so far away. I get your food.
She walks away, shaking her head and tsk tsk-ing. When she brings it to us, she chats with him about her friends in Ontario.
Funny thing, we both came back the next summer and did end up dating, as he had since broken up with his girlfriend in Ontario. Unfortunately, we didn’t get a chance to go back to that restaurant.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!