Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #281044

, , , | Unfiltered | January 13, 2023

I’m very pregnant and, unlike a lot of people, I have not found out the sex of my unborn baby. It’s never been an important thing for me or my husband to find out prior to our children’s births and, quite frankly, the obsession people have with it kind of baffles us. As such, it’s tiring to me having every person in the world demand “Do you know what you’re having?”, so my most frequent response has been to jokingly say “A baby, I hope”.
Usually, this devolves into a discussion about why I haven’t found out, me saying why it’s not important to me and the other person calling me crazy for not wanting to know demanding I find out or trying to tell me they know what sex the baby is because of my shape/skin/nails/a magic trick, but me being able to emphasise that I’m really just looking forward to meeting my baby and discovering the little person that they are face to face.
Anyway, I’m at the prenatal clinic, 1 week til my due date, and one of the midwives asks the question:
Midwife: So, do you know what you’re having?
Me: A baby, I hope
Senior midwife at the desk, without missing a beat: Well we have had several puppies born lately….

(We all had a little giggle at that. The senior midwife later told me she got sick of everyone asking that question all the time, too, and we had another private chuckle).

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!