Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #28095

Unfiltered | May 11, 2016

(My family owns a small resturant in Japan. I also have a little brother who is adopted as we are a Japanese family but he is from a French family with very obvious skin colour differences and facial feature differences. I am 20 while he is 13. We’re helping to serve food to customers who are either locals or tourists. This all takes place as my brother goes to bring out food to two tourists who are both American. Tourist 1 is a middle aged blonde woman and Tourist 2 is a middle aged brunette woman.)

brother: (in japanese) Hello, I have meals for [tourists names] (he then repeats what he said in poor English.)

Tourist 1: *looks my brother up and down* What on earth are you doing! *snatches away meals, putting them on the table and quickly grabbing my brothers hand and cupping his cheek*

Brother (in English) : My… Job?

Tourist 1: No no no no. How DARE they force a POOR boy like you to work!

Tourist 2: [tourist 1] what are you doing?

(My brother all the while is trying to fight his way out of her grip. obviously uncomfortable . Tourist 1 drags him towards my dad, the owner while tourist 2 trails behind trying to get tourist 1 to stop)

Tourist 1: YOU! WHAT ARE YOU FOING TO THIS POOR BOY! THIS IS CHILD ABUSE! THIS IS SLAVERY! YOU [racist slur] SHOULD BE KILLED! *turns to my brother* Its okay honey I’ll make sure he’s taken to jail for this! Who are your parents? ill calk thrm and let them know you now safe!

(Everyone in the resturant is glaring at tourist 1. My brother breaks out of her grip and immediately goes and hides behind me)

Tourist 1: YOU [racist slur] *comes running at me ready to hit me but she is grabbed by tourist 2 who drags her out of the resturant shouting at tourist 1. We could all hear them shouting profanities at eachother from outside. The next day tourist 2 came back and apologized profusely to us in the best Japanese she knew.

I will have to admit that was the first time but sadly not the last things like this had happened)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!