Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #280719

, | Unfiltered | January 11, 2023

My brother used to have an excruciatingly awful PE teacher. She was absurdly strict and demanding, hated boys, often humiliated students for bad performances and enjoyed hunting in her free time.
Then, my parents got a puppy. It was not their first one, but this one was special. Imagine a hyperactive, overly curious, excitable, enthusiastically friendly and loving little furball hell-bent on becoming his new pack’s alpha. He was the sweetest little doggo you could ever meet, but incredibly difficult to train. He tried to be a good boy so hard, he really did, but he couldn’t sit still if his life depended on it.
My parents took him to an obedience school. The trainer there lasted three lessons, then told them to try somewhere else because he couldn’t handle him. The next one threw in the towel after two lessons. The third school was specialized in training gun dogs, but at this point, my parents didn’t really care as long as someone could make the little guy sit.
When my father and Good Boy arrived at the school, guess who greeted them? My brother’s PE teacher! She was a friend of the trainer and learned to train gun dogs in her free time – had owned dogs all her life, in fact. Seeing how my dad struggled with his dog, she assumed he just didn’t know what he was doing.
“Give him to me,” she said.”I’ll show you how it’s done.” Seeing how she was strict but friendly towards the other dogs, my dad handed over our puppy.
Long story short: Puppy won. By the end of the lesson, he was jumping in circles around his new best friend madly wagging his tail and PE teacher was nearly crying. She apologized to my dad. They started talking and he revealed my brother was in one of her classes – she was mysteriously friendly for him for the rest of his time with her.
Puppy eventually became a fantastic gun dog. He did calm down a bit when he got older but even when he was ten years old and started getting grey, people would still ask if he was a puppy – “He’s so energetic!” He died of renal failure last year. We decided not to get another dog since none of us can imagine any other could live up to him.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!