Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #28062

Unfiltered | April 8, 2016

(My girlfriend and I live in subsidized housing for people with disabilities. Most of us live with mental health concerns, though one man on the ground floor has a muscle condition. He is able to walk a few steps if he can brace himself, but mostly gets around in a wheelchair or scooter. We recently visited him for a pizza night, and the next day my girlfriend visited a different neighbour for coffee. She returns shaking her head.)

GF: “That [neighbour #2]…”

Me: “Oh?”

GF: “So, I was telling her how we were at [neighbour #1]’s place, and she said ‘Oh, my mom told me to never talk to those people because they’re crippled’!”

Me: *eyebrows shoot up* “WHAT?”

GF: “Yeah, I told her that, ‘y’know, she really shouldn’t call them that’, and she said ‘But they’re crippled! Crippled!’ She said it like three times!”

Me: “Woah.”

GF: “Yeah. So I told her, ‘you know, [neighbour #2], you’re disabled too,’ and she just goes ‘But it’s different, they’re just crippled!”

Me: “Yeah? Well, she’s just batsh** insane!”

(We had to laugh at her mentality. Talk about living in a glass house…)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!