Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #28043

Unfiltered | March 20, 2016

I frequently play a touch MOBA called Vainglory. I am not very good, but I know the heroes of the game pretty well. I am playing in the cafeteria alone when two boys walk up to me.

Boy#1: Hey, do you actually know how to play that game?

Boy#2: Or are you one of those fake gamer girls?

Me: I do know how to play. I may not play well, but I can play.

Boy#2: Yeah, I bet you don’t even know what type of game it is.

Me: It’s a MOBA, multiplayer online battle arena. Do you play? What level are you?

Boy#1: I’m a level 94.

Boy#2: I’m level 96.

I smirk at this, because I know full well the max level is 20.

Me: Do you even know what game this is?

Boy#2: It doesn’t matter. You’re just trying to get boys attention by playing a video game in public.

Me: Not my intention, but it’s working, because you’re talking to me right now.

Boy#1: Look, just take it to your room or stop trying to get into a man’s world. We don’t need fake gamer girls like you here.

Me: I have every right to play this game wherever I want… You know what? I challenge both of you to a 2v2. You two against me and someone else on my team.

For the first time in the conversation, the boys look unsure of themselves.

Boy#2: You’re on a team?

Me: Yes. Are you backing out or are you in?

By this time a small crowd has gathered.

Boy#1: Of course we’re going. When?

Me: How about now? My teammate is on right now. Boot up your phone or whatever and let’s play.

The audience that has gathered gets comfortable.

Boy#2 and #1 sit down and pull out their phone awkwardly.

I see that they are fiddling around pretending but they don’t even know what game we’re playing.

Me: You guys should be disqualified anyway, but I’ll be nice. The game’s called Vainglory. Get your butts on so I can kick them.

They are embarrassed and hurriedly download the app. They are still pretty confident they’ll win, though, convinced that I have no idea how to play the game.

I tell them I’ll come back in half an hour so they can get through the tutorial. I leave and somehow when I get back a gigantic crowd has gathered and someone has brought a key to a classroom with a projector so everyone can watch.

We get in there and start the game. The teammate I choose is my brother, who is on the other side of the country and I cannot communicate with verbally. We play a full three games and each time we in under fifteen minutes, much to their embarrassment. At the end of the third game the whole room is cheering and laughing at the two boys.

Me: Next time you challenge, make sure that you know what you’re talking about. Girls were created not to do what men can do but to do what they can’t do. Video games can be considered just as much a girl’s thing as a guy’s thing. You two were just creamed by a GIRL and what’s more you two had the ability to chatter away while I had only pings to communicate with my teammate. Get out of here with your broken dignity and come back when you’ve picked up the pieces.

They left and have avoided me since, but I made LOTS of friends that day and now we have a Vainglory club at school!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!