Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #279589

, , , | Unfiltered | December 31, 2022

A few years ago, I was visiting some friends across the state in a city well-known for its downtown bar and club scene. We decide to check out a newly-opened club, which occupied a venue previously housing a bar that was shutdown for multiple health and security violations. We were hopeful this new one would be a lot better.

Entering the club, I was expecting to immediately see a bouncer to show my ID. I didn’t see one, so I was looking around. I didn’t see anyone that stuck out as a bouncer, so I just kept walking.

Suddenly the bouncer made himself known, and I figured out why I didn’t notice him – He was all the way across the bar, casually leaning against a window, drinking a beer, chatting up some local girl. This wouldn’t have bothered me much if not for what followed.

Bouncer: (running up to me, puts his hand on my chest, and pushes me backward) WOAH, where the f*** do you think you’re going? ID! Now!

Caught off guard, I pull it out and show him. Once the initial surprise wears off, I feel a bit indignant and angry. A couple minutes later, I decide I don’t want to be there, so I turn around to leave. There the bouncer is again.

Bouncer: You got a problem?

Me: Well, I don’t really care for being shoved like that and sworn at, so I’ve decided to give someone else my money instead.

I tried to push past him but he put his hand on my chest again.

Bouncer: I should have kicked you out anyway for trying to sneak in. I don’t f***** care what you do with your money but don’t ever f****** try that again.

I left a politely-worded yet negative review on their social media page, which I didn’t expect to do anything. Last I heard, they were still open but they now have a similar reputation as the last bar to operate in that location.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!