Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #279585

, , | Unfiltered | December 30, 2022

Due to the Coronavirus, a lot of businesses have had to close. The government has offered a grant to small businesses. Because of this, our Business Rates department have been inundated with calls.

To reduce waiting time, calls for Business Rates with come through to other advisors so we can log call backs for the Business Rates team. I only deal with the domestic Council Tax as well other services but not Business Rates.

Me – After getting all details for call back“Thank you for your patience. I will pass your call-back to my colleagues who deal with Business Rates.”

Customer – “Ok then, thank you.”

But she doesn’t switch the phone off. *awkward silence*

Me – “Ok then, that’s all done for you. I will pass this to my colleagues.”

Customer – “Aren’t you going to put me through then. I’ve been waiting .”

Me – “No ma’am. My colleague will call you back. In order for me to pass this on, and for them to call you back, you will need to switch the phone off.”

Customer – “Oh ok. *huff* mumbles “Bloody hell, can’t do anything right.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!