Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #279542

, , , | Unfiltered | December 28, 2022

I’m a guy who works with dogs- walking, training, and relevant to this story, sitting, where I stay at a client’s home to look after their dog. Current events has resulted in the UK being in lockdown, but this story happens about a week or so before the government actually put a proper lockdown in place and was still “advising” people to minimise movement. Countries across the world were going into or were already in lockdown. Many had closed their borders entirely.

I had two sitting jobs coming up- good money- but not looking likely to happen. I sent a message to both clients- one I knew was going to see family within the country, so may still go. But the other was going to Dubai for a week.
The first essentially replied with “I haven’t had confirmation but it’s probably not happening now, I’m sorry”. The second, the one going to Dubai? She replied and told me that as long as the planes were going there, so was she.

I spent the next week in absolute shock, just shaking my head, and occasionally saying to my husband that I could not believe that she was still planning on going- or believed that it would! And sure enough, two weeks before she was due to leave, the government put an official lockdown in place.
The stupid thing is- ignoring anything about the illness itself- there was a high chance of her getting stranded there, or of ME getting stuck in lockdown AT HER HOUSE.

I still occasionally shake my head, look to my husband, and voice that I can’t believe how long she was planning and thinking she would go. Bonkers.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!