Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #27924

Unfiltered | November 21, 2015

(I am a very petite girl, and one of the smallest in my karate school. I’m usually paired up with opponents who are larger than me because my instructor has informed everyone to be careful with a partner who isn’t your size in our classroom setting, not in a street fight. We have an annual tournament, and I’ve been paired up with people much larger than me who are considerably taller.)

Partner: How are you even in the adult class? You look like a 5 year old!

Me: I’m actually [my age]. Please, give it all you’ve got!

Partner: No way! There’s no way I’d beat up a tiny girl like you!

Me: Trust me, I’ll be fine.

Partner: No, you won’t. I’m too good for you. How are we even paired up?! I bet you can’t even fight!

(Within 30 seconds, I’d knocked him onto the ground and won the match. I ended up winning the entire tournament!)

Instructor: (announcing the winners’ names) And, in 1st place, proving that size makes no difference, [my name]!

(She clearly looked at my opponent who teased me about my size!)

Crowd watching the tournament: GIRL POWER!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!