Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #27874

Unfiltered | October 2, 2015

(My best friend has a “problem” where she almost always fails to say something nice without adding something a little bit insulting to it at the same time. Usually I don’t mind that quirk. We are out on the town celebrating my recent engagement.)

[Friend]: You don’t know how lucky you are! I mean, you’re engaged, and he loves you, no matter what.

Me: *smiling* I know. I’m incredibly happy.

[Friend]: He loves you even though you can be so *unbelievably* hard to be around! I mean, loving you like that, even though you have the flaws you do… And you really have flaws! It’s unbelievable!

(I don’t really know what to say, but it hurts me a lot, and I end up walking home with tears in my eyes. The next day, I’m over it, and we’re playing a quiz game with my fiancé and another friend. It’s a running joke that [Best friend] usually gets the answers wrong.)

[Fiancé]: What is the name of the leaf the koala bear likes to eat?

[Other friend]: Oh. I don’t know…

Me: Come on! Even [Best friend] would know this!

[Best friend]: Hey!

Me: *laughing* Come on, why can’t I joke like that when you said it’s unbelievable my fiance loves me even with all of my flaws? (Everyone laughs)

[Best friend]: (coldly) I can’t believe you would say that. I’m *really* mad at you now. Why would you say that?!

Me: …

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!