Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #278245

, | Unfiltered | December 25, 2022

When I was a teen I used to tutor in maths to younger students. I asked for a very small amount per hour as I was young and also wanted to reach people who could not afford professional tutoring institutes. I advertised with a card in the supermarket. I got an email from a man who wanted his son to be tutored by me. I went to meet him at his house which was not too far from mine. I immediately noticed it was quite a well-off family that lived there. I had a professional chat with this gentleman and he refused to pay me less than 25 euros per hour, whereas I normally ask for 10 euros per hour and said it was very noble I didn’t ask for more. It seemed like a good client right? Well, he was quite chatty and his son, who was only a few years younger than me, was squirming in his seat by the end of the conversation. I was supposed to test our compatibility and also get paid for it. I was there for over an hour, but only spent at most 10 minutes with the son. The man, who had admitted having quite a bit of money and wanting to spend a lot on their education, was very reluctant to pay me for my time. Seeing we chatted most of the time, I can now understand it but back then I could not.

We put a date to our first tutoring session. Unfortunately, something happened that prevented it from happening at that time and the son was supposed to contact me for a new appointment. I mentioned to the dad that while this had been happening I’d been scheduled for surgery to remove all four of my wisdom teeth while fully asleep on a certain date. The son never contacted me and with everything going on, I thought maybe he would contact me after my surgery. Big mistake.

The evening after my surgery, my phone rang. I was in the living room, feeling sore, half-numb and sick from surgery and could hardly talk, so I handed the phone to my mother. Apparently it was this guy, who said we were supposed to have an appointment that evening. My mum was confused and said that that was impossible as I had just had surgery. I don’t know exactly what he said but he would apparently contact me for another appointment. I never heard from him again.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!