Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #277292

, | Unfiltered | December 20, 2022

My Mom and I both need to get some blood tests done, so we head to our GP’s office. One of the tests I need requires the sample to be frozen/kept cold during transport – which I have to go to the hospital for as the GP’s office can’t do that for some reason – so I’m just there to pick up the requisition. While we’re standing in line at the counter to pick up, I jokingly “predict” that they’re going to mix them up, as they look for the patient’s last name and the GP ordering the work. When our turn comes up, Mom gives the receptionist her info, and the receptionist promptly hands Mom her requisition.

Mom goes to sit down in the waiting area while I step up to the counter and give the receptionist my info. She flips through her binder for a minute or two before she tells me she can’t find my requisition and asks for my info again, which I give. Again, she goes through her binder and comes up short. It’s at this point that Mom, who has been going over her requisition while waiting to be called in, comes up to the counter again.
“[My name], they gave me you requisition…”
The recepionist apologises profusely, but Mom and I just laugh it off while Mom’s requisition is found and handed over. We sit down to wait, and Mom tells me that she was going over the tests and was confused by some of them, especially the one that needed to be frozen. She went through it four times before she noticed that the name at the top was not hers.
My Mom and I share two surnames (her maiden name + my Dad’s last name) and a GP so I’m not entirely surprised, even if our first names share no similarities and there’s a 30+ year age difference between us.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!