Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #273637

, | Unfiltered | November 30, 2022

(The longer I live the more I realize there is street smarts (common sense) and book smarts. Some are gifted with both. Others with neither. But the more “book-learning” you have, the less street smarts you retain. My smart, funny, and kind, but ditzy coworker exhibits this.)

Incident #1:

Her: Do you know why I was invited to this meeting with [Client I don’t interact with]?

Me: No. I am guessing you are going to start working on their project.

(Note: She has been scheduled to work on this project for two months now. That is the extent if my knowledge on this project. I am not her boss.)

Her: But I have nothing to share!

Me: Well, why don’t you confirm it with [Boss who is Project Manager on Project]?

Her: It says we have 15 meetings scheduled…. *suspiciously eyes computer like it is a trick*

Incident #2:

Her: Hey how do I set my OneDrive password?

(Note: We don’t use OneDrive, but use Windows Professional.)

Me: On the Microsoft website?

Her: Ok…. Why isn’t it working???

(She was treating her company log-in credientals as the same for her personal Microsoft account… She also thinks Windows and Microsoft Office are the same thing so I shouldn’t be surprised…)

Incident #3:

Her: Do we know [Random Company I have never heard of]? Are they a client?

Me: Um, no?

Her: Why are WE getting a call from them? *holds up personal phone that has no connection to our company*

Me: *thinking* We are not getting a call from them. You are. *actually says* I don’t know. It is probably spam.

Her: *insisting* But their name is in my phone! Why would it be in my phone if it isn’t company related?

Me: *shrugs not knowing how else to respond*

Her: Oh nevermind. They left a voicemail anyway.

(And this is just this morning….)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!