Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #273197

, , , | Unfiltered | November 29, 2022

I am a black man out shopping for books with my daughter. I am wearing a red hat for a certain politician that I support. I get approached with questions and concerns often, but rarely does someone come at me with aggression… Until this day.

I noticed I was being followed by two middle aged women. I let this pass for a while before turning to address them.

Me: “Can I help you ladies with something?”

My daughter backs off and says she’s going to go read some magazines. The women think for a moment before responding.

Woman 1: “Yeah, I just wanted to ask if you had that on ironically.”

Me: “No, this isn’t ironic.”

Woman 2 gasped.

Woman 2: “You mean you really support (politician)?!”

Me: “I sure do. Is that a problem?”

Woman 1: “How can you betray your own race like that?”

Woman 2: “He’s an Uncle Tom!”

By now another couple had stopped to watch, the man ready to step in if needed. They gasped at what Woman 2 said.

Me: “I am not an Uncle Tom or traitor for my political beliefs. I support (politician) for his religious and economic policies.”

The two women shook their heads and walked away. My daughter came back while the couple approached. I took a moment to compose myself, then we all had a chat about how ridiculous that was.

Who just comes out and says stuff like that?

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!