Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #273077

, , , | Unfiltered | November 25, 2022

We had taken a family vacation. There were 10 of us – me, my husband, our sons, their wives, and my grandchildren – from one son 2 boys aged 17 and 12, from the other a boy aged 12 and a girl aged 7. We were going sightseeing in Boston. My husband has trouble walking, so while we were at the Granary Graveyard, my oldest grandson and granddaughter (they’re very close and its adorable) went to scout places to eat nearby. They found a restaurant, and called my son. He told them to wait there while we came. It took us 15 minutes to get to the restaurant, and in that time the host had come and told my grandson that they could not seat 10 of us. My grandson and daughter instead went to a nearby restaurant, a second choice, and had arrived at the same time that we did. We went inside and asked for a table for 10 people and they told us it might take a while. My husband sat down in the waiting area and fell asleep immediately. After about 2 minutes my sons and my daughters-in-law started getting impatient.
“I can’t believe it! They’re taking so long!” said my daughter-in-law. My sons and other daughter in law responded with various statements of agreement. My granddaughter is very shy. She was cold (we were there after Christmas) and so she was hiding in my oldest grandson’s unzipped jacket. sHe whispered something to my grandson, who encouraged her. She told us very smartly “Mom, we just got here and there are 10 of us.” Then she smiled cheekily. “You always say that we have to be more patient, right?”
The waiter came around right then and smiled, “that’s one smart kid you got there”
That afternoon, with my blessing my oldest grandson and my granddaughter snuck away and he bought her a cookie.
Notes from oldest grandson who actually submitted the story – What my grandma meant is that there is me and my younger brother, and then my cousins are a boy and girl. Its not really important to the story.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!