Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #272503

, , | Unfiltered | November 20, 2022

I work for the land survey department of an engineering firm. One of our more unique services is laser scanning buildings to create a 3D model the archhitects can dump into their software and design off of. The data collection process of this is tedious in which we set up our scanner on a cart with wheels, level it, press go, it scans for 15 minutes, and then we push it down and repeat. It CANNOT be moved or we have to start over.

Being in an active warehouse with people on forklifts driving by also makes this not the most fun thing ever. Most people are pretty chill though, have no idea what we are doing, and just try to stay out of our way.

Now here I am about 13 minutes into a scan and I had setup near a door. Note I said NEAR a door, the door could still swing open and not hit my cart. Moreover this is our third day on the job and people know we’re doing something. In fact most ask permission if they can even walk by it (the answer is yes).

But this one guy opens the door and just pushes the cart out of his way completely wasting the setup. He just says sorry and that he didn’t know which left me in a super judgemental state over how there’s probably a good reason he only amounted to a forklift driver in life.

I guess this is a first world problem, I only lost 15 minutes of my time, but when you’re constrained by how long each setup is getting your entire setup ruined is pretty annoying. At least the rant felt good.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!