Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #271909

, , , | Unfiltered | November 14, 2022

I work in a major tax office. I was in the middle of closing, with my cash laying out, when someone walked in through the door and into the lobby. He was swaying a little.

I stepped out from behind the reception desk and stood between him and it so he ideally couldn’t see the money.

I asked him if he wanted to get his taxes done. He responded incoherently with something that sounded a bit like “Akti akti”. I asked if he lived in one of the apartments over my office, and if he had lost his way. Same response. I asked if he was alright. He got agitated and repeated it louder. I took a step back. He fell to his knees, then to his side onto his arm, and from there onto his back.

I retreated to behind my reception desk and used the office phone to call 911. They sent a fire truck to respond. The firefighters picked up my upfront pricing sheets and waving the sheets at him, and asking him if he passed out because the price was too high, or if it was because his refund was unexpectedly good.

I thought this was a bit unprofessional.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!