Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #270231

, , | Unfiltered | October 18, 2022

I’m a Native American man with long black hair. I’m also gay. My boyfriend is a black man. My father doesn’t care that he’s a man, but he’s not thrilled with the fact that he’s not one of the tribe.

One day, we decide to go to a restaurant, and next to us is two girls- a blonde and a brunette. They both look nervous, especially the brunette.
While my father, boyfriend and I look over the menu, a middle-aged couple arrives and the blonde waves to them. It’s clear that they are her parents.

We order drinks and appetizers, and the table next to us is talking. We don’t pay much attention, as we’re having our own awkward conversation.

Then I hear raised voices, and we look over at the next table. The brunette is in tears, and the blonde’s face is red, and she looks furious.

Blonde’s Father: We just don’t think it’s a good idea to marry someone like her. It’s not because she’s a girl, but she’s, you know, Jewish.

My father and I are in shock, and my boyfriend is looking down at the table. Finally, my father speaks up.

Father: At least you won’t have any problems with that, because you’re both athiests.

Boyfriend (speaking loud enough for the next table to hear): Actually, I’m a Christian. I go to church on Sundays, I celebrate Christmas and Easter with my family. It doesn’t matter to you that I’m a man, but your problem is that I’m black. I know you celebrate the old gods, and your son is an atheist. It doesn’t matter to me either way. I love him, and I always will. In fact, I was planning to ask him to marry me, with your consent.

Both my father and the next table are speechless. The two girls get up to leave, and my father is staring at my boyfriend as if he’s from outer space.

Me: Yes, I will marry you. I don’t need my dad’s permission.

We’re getting married next year!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!