Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #268496

, , | Unfiltered | September 27, 2022

I am the customer in this story.

My sister and I were throwing a surprise party for my parents’ anniversary. I had never thrown a party before, let alone a surprise party. My sister also lived nearly two hours away, so she couldn’t really help with buying things, making food, securing the venue, decorating, or much of anything. I also did the invitations, so everything put together was very stressful. My aunt was generous in letting me use her warehouse club membership, but I had to meet her there since her card had her photo on it. I got out of work, drove around a couple towns picking things up from stores and friends, and was at my last stop running out of time to meet my aunt.

I was buying foil pans to cook food in among other items. I had never purchased these before, so I didn’t know how much they cost. While I did look at the price tag prior to going to the register, I completely forgot the prices once I was in line. The very nice cashier rang me up for a total of about $70, I swiped my card, signed, and left. As I was putting my things in the car, I felt the need to look at the receipt. I saw that the cashier had charged me for 66 lids at $0.60 rather than the 6 lids I bought. I was already late meeting my aunt, but I didn’t want to come back, so I went to the returns desk, which was right next to the cashier. She saw me, her eyes went wide, and she listened as I explained the mixup. She apologized profusely, admitting she thought it sounded a bit high, but neither she nor I took a second look and just approved the amount, so maybe she was right in the first place. I laughed, apologizing to her for not paying attention and blindly swiping and signing. I blamed it on the stress of planning the party and the hurry I was in. The money was refunded on my card quickly, and my aunt was very understanding when I arrived late.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!