Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #266267

, , | Unfiltered | August 28, 2022

(I am a trans man, so I still have to go to the OB/GYN because you know. Vagina. I live in yeehaw land where everyone thinks they get to be mean to you for being transgender, just cause. On top of that, this practice is in a college town and routinely recruits nursing students, who aren’t experienced with people like me. Also, I’m a chronic fainter. So obviously this appointment is going great.)
Nursing student: Ok! Ms. [last name]!
Me: Err.. yep, that’s me.
Nursing student: [literally looks like she’s seen a ghost upon seeing who MR. Last Name is]
Nursing student, bug eyed: So uhhh…I’m going to be taking your vitals.
(Theres an older nurse in the hall and the student keeps sticking her head out to make HELP ME SOS faces at her. The nurse just laughs at her each time, which doesn’t make me feel great, as I am now officially the patient you give to the new kids to haze them. The student is literally shaking.)
Me: You’re from (college), right? You must have just started here pretty recently, I know new jobs can be really stressful!
Student, struggling to put on the blood pressure cuff because she’s shaking: I’ve been working here for 3 months.
(Seriously. Three months? And you can’t put on a blood pressure cuff? After that, it’s time to see the real doctor. Thank god, someone who will have a braincell, maybe.)
OB/GYN: So, unfortunately it seems as though you’ll never be able to have kids due to your PCOS unless you take [medication #1] along with [medication #2] and rigorously keep up with your ovulation cycle.
Me, 18, unmarried, transgender: Well, that’s good, I don’t want kids anyways. Don’t you think my best option is to just take everything out? It’s all useless at this point anyways.
OB/GYN: No! What if you want kids in the future?
Me: I do want kids, I plan on adopting because I don’t want to carry a child.
OB/GYN: No, I cannot at ALL recommend a hysterectomy, you’re much too young.
(That’s fair, so I drop it. Whatever. My PCOS is managed so it’s not actively hurting me, my uterus and ovaries are just effectively one big appendix. Now I have to get my blood drawn.)
Nurse, roughly: Okay sit here, (grabs my arm) flatten out your arm, okay,
Me: WAIT! Just so you know I don’t exactly like needles, I sometimes,
(And then she just jabs me. Mid sentence.)
Nurse: No one likes needles!
Me: (goes limp and my arm moves as, you know, I faint.)
Nurse: KEEP STILL! (yanks my arm back)
(The jolt of her yanking me literally wakes me back up. She either did not care or did not notice I fainted for half a second. This entire experience was my personal hell. I was seeing spots as I got up but I speed-walked as fast as my pale, anemic, transgender ass could take me to the front desk so I could pay and leave.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!