Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #265377

, , | Unfiltered | August 17, 2022

(Due to complications from a childhood injury, I have to get a surgery on my left elbow to regain control/feeling of my left hand. I researched all about the procedure before-hand so I was ready when getting prepped for surgery. I am a woman in my 20s, married to another woman, and we live in a very religious area. Each of us have very feminine names. A nurse is preparing my IV. She’s prepping my left elbow to put an IV in)

Me: Soooo, before you put that in, I have a question. Wouldn’t an IV get in the way? Or be ineffective on that side?

(The nurse ignores me, pretending I didn’t say anything, but in the way that it’s obvious she did hear me. She uses the alcohol swab on my left inner-elbow, but I block the needle with my right hand and stare at her).

Me: I don’t consent to this. Get me someone with manners.

(The nurse says nothing but hits my right hand, how one would for a toddler reaching for the stove. While my hand was moved she attempts to go fast for the needle, but I manage to use my clumsy and numb left hand to whack her in the face. She looks offended at me).

Nurse: *screams* THAT’S ASSAULT! I NEED HELP!

(I remain silent and stay as far against the wall/back of the bed as I can. A couple of other medical staff members come in).

PA: what’s happened? Is everyone OK?

Nurse: *wailing dramatically* SHE HIT ME!

PA: *to me, aggressive* what do you have to say for yourself???

Me: she assaulted me first, so I used self-defense. I do not consent to being jabbed at or going under anasthetic without having my simple question answered!

PA: *suddenly changes his entire tone, realizing that I’m not being unreasonable* well, what do you want to know?

Me: I want to know why the IV would be inserted into the elbow that’s being operated on.

PA: it wouldn’t. It would be ineffective.

Me: Well, she was trying to do that and wouldn’t stop until I forced her away.

PA: *to the nurse* Please leave. We don’t have time for your… Problem.

(The nurse sulks and storms off, failing to slam the door behind herself but definately tried. The hydrolic stopped the door from slamming.)

Me: Let me guess, she saw my spouse’s name on the contact info sheet?

PA:… I can’t confirm or deny that, but I can say that it wouldn’t surprise me.

Me: I’m not sure I’m comfortable having my procedure here anymore. How do I know she won’t murder me while I’m unconscious?

PA: *Knowing it’ll be huge legal trouble either way* Let me get back to you. Ten minutes.

(The PA leaves, and returns with a police officer and the rude nurse).

Officer: Due to the assault and conserns for hate crimes, the administrator told me to remove her from the property until you have left the property. Is this the right person?

Me: Yes sir.

Nurse: Why aren’t you arresting her!? She hit me! In the face!

Officer: *aggressively to the nurse* Did I ask for you to speak? Let’s go.

(He took her away and I had the surgery. The nurse’s license was put into probation. I can use my left arm again! Now if I hit someone it’ll hurt them worse, since it’d be intentional, instead of waving around a flailing pool noodle).

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!