Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #263571

, , | Unfiltered | July 26, 2022

A year ago, my friend, her daughter and I went to a popular village to see the scarecrows. Before we got down to business and going to see the scarecrows, we went to our favorite place to eat. We’d never had an issue with this place before but that was all about to change.

They’d changed their menu and my friend was given the wrong menu. We understand things like that happen. Then the waitress said something about what my friends daughter ordered and got pissy when we calmly told her that she’d been given the wrong salad dressing. Again, mistakes happen. We’d understand.

But then the waitress ignored us for the rest of our lunch. There were mirrors on the wall next to our table so we could see her looking over at us and blatantly ignoring us. Never asked us if we wanted refills. Never cleared our plates. In fact my friend’s daughter changed seats because she didn’t want to sit with a pile of dirty dishes in front of her. Who could blame her?

The final straw was when she came and asked if we wanted anything else. We said no just the check and she came back 10 minutes later and asked us the same thing! We were so upset and when we finally got the bill my friend put it on her card and we left.

The kicker? We went into the restaurant right as they opened and there was hardly anyone there. We’d gotten better service when we had a larger group. Our total came to $62.01. My friend decided to round it up to $65. The waitress got a $2.99 tip. If she’d been a good waitress she’d have gotten a good tip!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!