Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #263331

, , | Unfiltered | July 24, 2022

I worked at an old movie theater in the downtown area of a city most famous for its large university. Unfortunately, due to its high cost and status, the university tends to attract students who clearly did not get admitted based on their intelligence or test scores, but rather based on their parents’ wealth and/or connections. Having encountered these types of students and their parents several times over my long customer-service career, I can confirm that they also do not have the best listening or reading skills. At our movie theater, we had a promotional deal for incoming freshman, which allowed them free admittance to one movie and a discount on concessions that included one medium popcorn, one medium drink, and one candy for only $8. The majority of the time, most of the students failed to read the instructions on the coupons that we gave them. They would order their concessions and then try to walk away without paying. This exchange occurred between my manager and one of the students.

Student: But I have this coupon, which says I get the stuff for free!

Manager: This is a coupon that says you get a medium popcorn, a medium drink, and a candy for $8. It’s a discount, not a voucher for free concessions. If you read here at the bottom, it clearly says that you pay $8.

Student: Oh, I thought like that was just like the value of the stuff.

Manager: No, you owe us $8. Honestly, man, I don’t know how you got in to college without being able to read.

*the student’s friend laughs*

Manager: It’s okay, your parents will just give you more money anyways.

Student: *laughs* it’s so true!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!