Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #262758

, , , | Unfiltered | July 14, 2022

1962 while stationed on the sage line, radar sites up and down the west coast. One day I took my Semi-Automatic, .30 Caliber, 18″ Barrel, 15+1 Rounds and head off for one of my many walks in the woods. Most of the radar stations were near the ocean on the highest peaks. Naselle WA radar site was near the opening of the Klamath river where it meets the ocean. This was not my first time walk along this path high above the ocean below, a 150ft. 55 degree drop to the ocean below. Not a friendly place as the waves violently crashed into the side of the mountain and anything that fell into the strong currents were swiftly taken out to deep water.
I had always loved nature, and this was just another day observing nature, listening to the wave crashing against the shoreline when the path turned in land for a short period before it again traveled along the ocean again. As I was walking down the path with my mind freely wandering in whatever when all my senses alerted me to danger in the area. Walking down the path towards me was a huge black bear using the same path. He or she must have been enjoying the nature as well as we both were surprised at the same time. The bear reared up on its hide legs only 15 feet in front of me. Today I know a lot of thing you can do to survive from a bear attack. In 1962 the only thing I knew was to run. Preferably downhill as a bear’s front legs are shorter than the rear causing bears to lose controlled and end tumbling all the way to the bottom. Having tried out for track in the Olympic trials meant I could boogie, flat ass run. I knew enough not to run up hill as the bear has an advantage with those short front legs. I also was aware a bear can run 30 miles an hour for two miles. Here I had a short advantage since I could run 34 miles an hour for 200 meters.
I took of running with bear right behind me. When we hit the bend in the path to turn towards the ocean, I chose to go straight ahead leaping over 3ft bushes. My rifle was slung over my right shoulder as I cleared a bush only to find a wolf laying in my spot to land. That is when I lost my rifle and shit my pants. I pulled one hell of an athletic move in midair avoiding stepping on the wolf. You will have to picture the speed I was running with a bear and a wolf chasing me. Just about the time I had reached my 200 meters and reality started setting in I was about to be seriously hurt by a mauling bear and wolf, the wolf past me on my right as he wanted no part of this fiasco. I gave up running, looking over my shoulder the bear was way back where I jumped over the wolf. He had my rifle in his mouth and paws playing with it.
It took me a few hours before I figured what happened. The bear and I scared each other on the path. When I jumped over the wolf, I scared it. When the bear saw the wolf, he stops chasing as he was trying to figure out what in the hell is going on as bears do not like wolves. The wolf wanted no part in any of this as it had no idea what the fuck was going on. I retrieved my rifle, headed back to the barracks trying to avoid everyone till I could clean up and change me under where.
Skipp

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!